Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Butterfly House

Kids,

On President's Day I found myself at home with only the kids I gave birth to (vs. the two I babysit), so we went and celebrated with a rare field trip to The Butterfly House.



Here is Logan inside the cockroach dome - ick!

Claire's turn!

This is the first time I've been to The Butterfly House since I got my fancy new camera. And I even had my telephoto lens that Grammy and Pappy gave me for my birthday! SWEET!

In between telling Claire to slow down and quit running, I had a great time playing with my camera!


Pretty!

Claire met a little friend about her own age who was visiting with her Grandpa.



Wheeee! I'm having fun!!

000000000!

Lunchtime for butterflies! They are snacking on some nice mushy bananas. Maybe instead of baking banana bread and muffins when I have mushy bananas next time I'll throw them in the backyard and see what happens!

Catching the butterflies in flight is still challenging, and chasing Claire around didn't give me much time to play with my camera settings! GRRRR When are you kids going to grow up, anyway?
(just kidding, kids!)


See if you can find all the butterflies in this picture!

Quick time out for a brother-sister hug!

Then back to shooting butterflies!

I swear, Claire probably didn't even notice there were butterflies at all. She was just happy to run around the garden path! I love this shot of her leaving butterflies in her wake, even if it is blurry!


I believe the sign said this was the largest moth in the world, but now I can't remember the name of it. Dang, that's what I get for waiting two months to post the pictures!




Eventually the kids grew tired of learning of butterflies (even if Mama was eager to learn more about shooting them!)

So, it was off to the gift shop for butterfly lollies and back home again.




Yay for butterflies and telephoto lenses!!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment