Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our Family Tree


Every year since your father and I have been together I have gotten a special Christmas ornament to commemorate the big event(s) we had during that year.

For our first Christmas I surprised your dad by showing up at his door with a bunch of brand new ornaments, lights, and tree decorations. That night we went out shopping for a tree and had fun decorating it! Even though we had only been seeing each other for a couple of months, I had a feeling our relationship was going to go places!


I was right! The next year we got married in St. Lucia!

And the next year our sweet baby Logan was born...

....making us a family!

In 2005 we built our house and moved in!

I also got this ornament for 2005 because when Logan was a toddler he had a big stuffed giraffe to ride, just like this little boy does! I even have a picture of Logan on his giraffe somewhere. If I find it I'll have to post it on here later.

In 2006 Dad and I took a trip to Hawaii and had a great time!

In 2007 Dad and I went to Vegas to celebrate his 40th birthday - and don't you know I forgot to take a picture of that ornament! I'll have to take it next Christmas when the tree goes up again!

In 2008 of course we had our sweet little Claire Bear!!!
and again, I forgot to take a picture of the snowman family of 4! That's another picture I will have to remember to take next Christmas!

In 2009 I quit my job to stay home!!!! Yay! I took in a couple of kids to babysit for a little income, hence this Santa with all the kids crawling all over him!

2009 was also the year Logan went off to kindergarten!!! My baby!
*sniff*

In 2010 Logan and Dad took a very special vacation,

and Logan got to go to the National Aquarium AND see the ocean for the very first time!!
I love my special ornaments. Hanging them every year reminds me of all the things we have done together and how we have grown. I love you all so much!

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment