Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Logan's Birthday Trip to the Arch


Well, we've been living here long enough. Guess it's about time to take the kids to the tourist spots! And what better opportunity than Logan's 7th birthday?

I thought you guys would get a kick out of seeing the Arch, so that's where we went first.



It was a long line to get inside. Daddy got us tickets up to the top while we wandered around the museum. The Arch is a monument to St. Louis being called the "Gateway to the West." So the museum is all about how the West was settled.







This animated robot guy told us all about how the military treated with the Native Americans and gave them these medallions to symbolize peace between the two peoples. Not that it lasted.

"Hey Claire, will you take a picture with Mommy, pleeeeaaaassse?"

"Uh uh."

"I'm outta here."

Nice. Thanks, daughter.

"No problem, Mom."

Logan wouldn't even take a picture with me period. Wow. I love the gratitude.


Can you spot the "real girl" in this picture?

Hanging out with the turn of the century peeps.

The kids had fun playing on this scale/weight thing while we waited to go up in the Arch.


Here we are in front of Door #3! Will it take us up? Will this stranger step in front of my picture at the perfect imperfect time? Will Logan twist his sister's head off? So many questions!

Kids, we are high.

Logan peeping out at Illinois.

Claire peeping out at Illinois!

Hey, whaddya know? It's Illinois!



Here's the Missouri side. That's downtown St. Louis.

Busch Stadium.

The old courthouse. Check out the teeeeeny horse and carriage!

Daddy and Logan riding the "egg" back down.

Claire and Daddy in "the egg."

After the Arch, we stopped at Union Station for lunch at Hard Rock.


What else does a 7-year old get on his birthday besides chicken strips?

After lunch we checked out the koi pond.




And we got ready to do a little paddle boating!

Daddy and Logan got in one boat.


Daddy's a little nervous that I'm about to man the other boat. Mama's not a very good driver!

Claire and I got in another boat.


Check out my "paddle face." I'd like to add that my left leg barely functioned for three days after this.


Claire made me paddle by these two turtles about 50 times.

I mean, really. Are they all that great? Well, this one was about the size of a skillet. I guess that made him kind of great.

I hope you enjoyed your 7th birthday outing, Logan!

Love you! Even if you wouldn't take any pictures with me (and made me cry. In front of everyone. At the Arch.....)

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT is the way to celebrate a birthday!! Happy Birthday big guy!!!

    ReplyDelete