Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mom and Dad's Excellent Adventure


It's been a long time since my last post.  Things around the homestead have changed a bunch in the last couple of months!  Dad and I went on vacation together without you guys in July.  (Someday when you two are parents you will understand!)  When we got home I babysat for two more weeks, then Logan started school and I took a week off .  The second week of school I started a new job at the hospital and that kept me crazy busy for the first month!  At the end of August Claire started preschool!  So I have lots of pictures to catch up on and now that everyone's routines are feeling a bit more "normal," I'll start posting again!

So let's get back to where our lives got a little crazy!  Like I said, Dad and I went on a little vacation.  We went on a road trip with our awesome friends, the Trohas.  Here I am in our Indianapolis hotel room on our first night.



The next morning we checked out some Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives locations around Indy and found this one on our way out of town:


Yum!

Finally that afternoon we made it to our destination!  The Wilds in eastern Ohio.


We stayed in a FABULOUS luxury yurt.  


Clearly Valerie is super excited to have made it!


On our first evening we took in the sights from our yurt patios.  Here is one of the safari buses.  (we'll ride that tomorrow!)


Our patios overlooked some of the grazing pastures.  It was amazing to see all the different animals roaming around.  Here are some Bactrian camels.



(did I mention our yurt was super cute?)


Trumpeter swans hanging out in the watering hole beneath our patios.


Getting close to my favorite time of day for photos....sunset!


Giraffe!



A grazing Sichuan takin.


Louie enjoying the sights.


Another takin.


We were out in the boondocks!  Attempts to connect with the outside world will be futile!






Here's a look at our little yurt village from the Trohas' patio.  Adorable!


This is about as relaxed as I've seen your daddy!


Eeep!  Sunset! 











Rhinos at sunset.....so cool!






One thing I have done for years is the progressive sunset series.  Here we go!!










(see the rhinos in the road?)








Was that relaxing or what?  Stay tuned for the rest of our adventures!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment