Sunday, September 26, 2010

Won't You Take Me To.....SPoOky ToWn!


A few years ago I was in Michaels looking at the fall decorations when I came across this awesome display - an animated haunted town full of spooky buildings, creepy trees, graveyards, ghosts and monsters!! Never have I wanted to buy decorations the way I wanted these, but the pricetags were high and I wasn't in the market to spend that kind of dough. I committed the little town to memory and vowed to return the following year with cash in my pocket!

The next year I decided to play clever and showed up at Michaels the week after Halloween, hoping to start my Spooky Town collection at a drastically reduced price - only to discover that in the place of my much-coveted creepy town stood a supremely cheesy Christmas village!

Ugh!

This year I was ready. I showed up in SEPTEMBER to do some browsing. I discovered that not only was my beloved Spooky Town on display - it was ON SALE!! 40 PERCENT OFF!

Kids. I nearly had a heart attack.
THIS IS OUR YEAR! MWOO-HAH HAHAHAHAAA.

I let Logan start our Spooky Town collection. He chose a small, medium and large piece and I'm not sure who was more excited over it, him or me!

Our large piece is the Transylvania Zoo. (I tried to talk him into the Little Monsters' Schoolhouse, but he wasn't having any of it! Although we do love the zoo, so this is a good choice for our family!)


Is that cute or what??

See the monsters peeking out of the caged windows?

But that's not all. Turn on the animation and it becomes a showpiece!
There is lightning, movement, and there are creepy voices and howls from the werewolf (or weird-wolf, as Logan calls it).

I love the way the werewolf is manacled to the building.

Seriously, I could watch this thing go all night long! I love it!

The other two pieces we got were the Haunted Grove and this little skeleton dude on horseback, called "Trail of Terror."

When you turn on the Haunted Grove the little ghost shakes...

...and changes color!
I love our little Spooky Town, and I hope we've started a long tradition of collecting!

Maybe 2011 will be Claire's year to pick our new pieces? We'll see...

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment