Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June Flashback: Anticipation.....


Dear Logan,

There is nothing quite like the anticipation of your first child's birth. It's such a unique time of your life, filled with amazement and wonder, planning and dreaming, anxiety and awe...



I took these pictures of your nursery just about a month before you were due. Little did I know that in just 6 short days I would be holding you in my arms!


I spent so much time in your little room. Daddy and Pappy helped with the background paint, and I did the rest. I loved this "safari" theme. I always wanted you to have a love of animals and the outdoors.

I hoped this silly sunshine would make you happy.

Here we are, six days later! The day began so normally - it was a Friday. I went to work and left a little bit early for what I thought would be a regular prenatal checkup. But, there was trouble brewing. It didn't come as any huge surprise. I had already been on and off bedrest for half of my pregnancy, and had developed pre-eclampsia along the way as well. Between the water retention and my voracious appetite, I was seriously about to pop! That Friday when I went in my blood pressure had shot up to a dangerous level. My doctor actually walked me from her office to the hospital front desk and checked me right in.
Here we are, waiting for them to come and take you! Naturally, you were breach - never conventional, that's you! The doctor said you were sitting there on my hip bones with your legs crossed like a little Indian, so there was no way you were going to come out the "normal way".

Grammy and Pappy were there, too. No one wanted to miss this!

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute in all your pregnant glory :) I love his room, too adorable. You are so artistic.

    ReplyDelete