Thursday, April 15, 2010

Backyard Inspection

Dear Claire,


This morning you woke up in a good mood, somewhere around 9:00 (thank you for that). After a little waffle and some milk, we went outside to enjoy the beautiful morning together.
.
(tangent: note the scraped knees and elbows, expected to heal sometime around frost.)


All my plants are starting to wake up and bud out. We went looking for new "green stuff." You looked very hard.




We found lilacs! All my life I have wanted lilac bushes. This year I finally got one that bloomed! (We won't mention the five year old lilac bush in the corner, that is still only a foot tall. Or the fact that for the first three years after I planted it your father couldn't stop himself from mowing over it. Or the fact that it has not, nor will it probably ever, bloom(ed).

I showed you how delightful lilacs are to sniff...




Then you pranced around to the viburnum to check it out.

It's gotten bigger and prettier this year. Yay!


Love you too much, little nature girl.

Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment