Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter at Forest Park

Or, Alternate Title: How Many Flowers Can Claire Find to Sniff?

On Easter Sunday Grammy, Pappy, Daddy and I took the kids out to Forest Park to let them roam while I attempted a photo shoot. Photographing kids in the wild is much, much harder than, say, hunting wild game or finding lost treasure. Most of my pictures ended up like this:

But I managed to squeak in a few good ones here and there...



Most of the time Claire refused to look at the camera, so I got a lot of shots of the back of her head!


The conditions were less than ideal on Easter. It was warm but really windy, and working around nap time typically means the lighting is bound to be "off."




This picture does capture Claire's sweet face, though. You know, as opposed to her ornery, mad, or crying face.





This one turned out to be my favorite of Claire.
....and now it's time to tiptoe through the tulips...




This picture is probably the truest to the kids' personalities. Here is Logan being a ham and Claire obviously looks like she is about to be up to no good.
I think she is about to crack Logan over the head with that egg!

Hmmmm....on second thought, why don't I just jump off this here stump and roll around in that dirt for a while?




We ended up inside the Jewel Box to get out of the wind and the extra bright sun.
.
I think this might be my favorite one of Logan.







There were lots of Easter lilies to sniff in there!






















We even met a nice man who let us borrow his Westies for a couple of shots!






I love you so much, kids. Thanks for playing along with your old mom!


Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment