Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This is Halloween

Kids,

This year we tried something a little different for Halloween...



View of our front porch.


We dragged our fireplace around to the side of the house, set out some haybales, hot dogs, marshmallows and refreshments...


...and had a little block party!
We even had a Halloween mix on the iPod with songs like "I Want Candy" and "This is Halloween" from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Lots of people came by, and it was so much fun!

Claire especially enjoyed the plate of cookies our neighbor Amy brought over.

I mean, she REALLY enjoyed them.

EEEEK! When Garden Gnomes Attack!!


Your cousins stopped by.
Here are Tori, Emma, Tommy and Jacob.

Even some of the neighborhood dogs got into the festivities!


Here are Chelsea and Logan from across the street.

And there's Claire, still sitting at the cookie plate.
Heck, I wasn't going to be the one to tell her to eat a hot dog!

This is the only time I could get Logan to stand still long enough for a picture! Then he and the neighborhood kids were off like a light!

Our next door neighbors Mackenzie and Kelly, with Jacob in the background.

Kenzie is one of Claire's favorite people!

The famous "Amy of the Cookie Plate" with adorable little devil Lucas.

Claire in an obvious sugar coma, tranced out by the fire.

Wait, I think I see a hint of expression...
No, at second glance I think some smoke just blew into her eyes.

And then later Claire and Daddy were sitting side by side on the curb. They looked so adorable that I had to run for my camera to grab the shot!

BUT - I missed it. Dang it, Claire! You decided time was up!

But you allowed me to snuggle with you for a moment while Daddy snapped some shots.

I love you both soooooo much!
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fabulous Halloween. I'm so glad your neighborhood fire party worked out so well.

    ReplyDelete