Sunday, March 21, 2010

Memories of Montana

Fourteen years....
four states....


Seven addresses....

Marriage...
Divorce...
.

Marriage!
Baby!
Another baby!!
.
It would be enough to wear anyone out.




But through it all, you were my playful puppy...




...whom I loved so much, I stole from my parents horrible neighbors, who had abandoned you. Then, when I had to take you back to Mom and Dad's for a visit, we disguised you with Just for Men haircolor so they wouldn't recognize you!

.

Now that is love.

Completely different.


Most of the time you were never far from your toys...




...or from me.
.
Sometimes you were my best friend.
.
Sometimes you felt like my only friend.

But you were always my loyal friend.
.

You were mine...
And then when I had children, you became theirs.




Did you find Granddaddy in heaven?






Mardi Gras 1998






You used to love a road trip. Sometimes I would stop at Sonic for a vanilla dish just for you. You were the one dog I knew who never had doggy breath, but after ice cream you smelled all vanilla-y. I loved that.





I love you so much.





Rest in peace, Tanner.
In loving memory of Montana
February 1996 - February 2010


1 comment: