Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tantrum: It's What's for Dinner

In general I'm not a huge fan of people saying things like "oh you're just getting back what you deserve" to me when my children are being brats. (and kids? seriously, you both can work a brat angle when you're so inclined.)
.
But Logan, I really do hope your children are hell at the dinner table. Just like you are with us. It really doesn't matter what's being served - if it's not in the category of "chicken nugget, canned spaghetti, hot dogs, or hamburgers" then you won't have any part of it.
.
This? Is getting old, my friend. Very, very old. Here is the reaction I get when I dare to put a vegetable on your plate:

It's beef stir fry, not arsenic.

On this particular day your father and I drew a line.....and lost. You couldn't get up from the table until you had eaten some vegetables off your plate.

You sat there until bed time.


As I'm typing this, I can hear you screaming over the carrots on your plate from tonight's dinner.....


You will not beat me. You hear? YOU WILL EAT A VEGETABLE!!!!!!!!!!

And no, french fries don't count.

Nice try.

Love,
Mama



2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Give him brunette hair and make him a girl and subtract 3 years, you'll have my kid. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Logan. Your mom is tough, you might as well eat a vegetable and save both of you a lot of time and trouble (plus they actually aren't that bad if you just try 'em, ask your sister!!)

    ReplyDelete