Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Princess Petunia Ballerina

Now that we've given our old friend Tanner a proper send-off, I think it's time to introduce the newest member of our family, Princess Petunia Ballerina! When Tanner died, I didn't think I was in any big hurry to find another dog. I was actually looking forward to having a little down time - maybe a summer free and clear of poop scooping, or the possibility of being able to leave town without having to find a dog sitter. But I'll admit, I lasted all of about 4 days before I was trolling all the animal rescue sites looking for the next Koglin. I even dragged the kids out to the city pound, the Humane Society, and several Petco stores with no luck. Finally, I got online and started looking at breeders for a doodle puppy. We found Princess at Love and Care Pet Farms and she was just down the street! She was one of 6 goldendoodles and 1 labradoodle. I knew she was the one when, after looking at and playing with several of her friends, I went back to the back to see who else was there and she did this:
This is the same greeting that my parents' dog used to give - like a doggie handshake. The others paid no attention to me at all, but this one grabbed and held on, looking up at me with those eyes like "don't leave me! don't leave me!" I pulled her out of her cage and told the man that she was the one!

Princess's first day home. It was also apparently her first day running around outside. She was born on 12/12/09 and the weather had been nasty ever since. So she had been pretty cooped up.

Logan got the naming rights. After all, we convinced him that she is "his" puppy.









Sitting pretty.






What an exhausting day for a little girl.



Princess and her octopus.



Welcome, little miss. You have some big shoes to fill...
Good thing you've got some pretty big feet.

1 comment:

  1. You likely don't know but I grew up with an assortment of beagles during my childhood. Although I truely love all dogs, I am soooo partial to beagle/hound type companions like Tanner. I was so sad when I saw that you had to put Tanner down.

    Princess Petunia Ballerina....well, she is just adorable ! Love her !

    ReplyDelete