Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Logan's a First Grader!


Dear Logan,

Yesterday I sent you off to the first grade. This is the first time you'll be in school all day long, and even though I offered Daddy's services in taking you to school, you decided all by yourself that you were big enough to handle it all on your own.

*sigh*

When I was a kid I used to get jitters at the beginning of every school year. I can remember going through my school supplies over and over again, studying each new pencil and eraser, admiring my new notebooks, and wondering what kinds of things I would be writing on all that lined, blank paper. But let me tell you a little something I didn't know until I became a parent - we get pre-school anxiety too! As a parent you send your kids off to be in someone else's hands for a whole 8 hours, and you hope and pray....

....that your kid's teacher is not a schmuck.
...that your kid's teacher will think your kid is as charming as you know he can be.
...that your kid will never fear a bully, or become one.
...that your kid will behave.
...that above all else, your kid will be happy, content and successful.

It's hard to be a mom sometimes. Letting go....it's not easy for us.

Your friends on the block make it a bit easier. At least I know you have some built-in buddies at school. Here are Mackenzie, you, Jacob and Isabelle.

Here's the extended crew, adding in Jacob's little brother Nathan and Mackenzie's little brother Jake.

And off you go! It looks like Jacob's other little brother Lucas thinks he's going, too!

Almost time now!

You loved your first day! I hope first grade is a fantastic year for you!
All my love,
Mama

**UPDATED AUGUST 20**

Logan,

Just so you know it only took you until the third day to get in trouble at school. Your first offense of the year was...
(drumroll.....)
MAKING SHADOW PUPPETS ON THE SMART BOARD!!

You are a stinker! But, to your credit, you were also very upset about getting in trouble. (Now me personally, I had to hide a smile over that one.)

Now behave!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment